Sabrina’s Dairy Free Cheesecake Recipe
120g of Dairy Free Spread
250g of Biscuits (I use Plain Digestives and Oreos)
240g Free From Tesco Soft Cheese (2 tubs at 170g each)
100g Caster Sugar
1 Teaspoon of Vanilla
100ml of Double Vegan Cream
1. Crush your biscuits, whatever way you like! Food Bag and a Rolling Pin! Food Processor, you want them fine with not many chunks.
2. Melt your dairy free spread in a saucepan on a low heat, once liquid pour in your biscuits just a quarter at a time, keep stirring with a wooden spoon until all the melted spread and biscuit crumbs are combined.
3. Pour this into a cake tin or glass dish, round is best, and press down firmly. You want to refrigerate this base for at least four hours before adding the topping.
4. For the cheesecake topping you need to take a large bowl and using a wooden spoon, you beat the soft cheese and the sugar together. Mix until smooth, add the vanilla or any other flavouring you would like at this point. You may want to use a food mixer or hand mixer for the next part to make it easier.
5. Whip up the double vegan cream until it forms peaks, it should be smooth, then using the wooden spoon gently combine it with the cheesecake topping in the large bowl. The mixture should be folded together and stirred gently. Try not to over whip the mixture.
6. Once the base is chilled you can spoon this cheesecake on top, use a spatula to level it out. If you want to add anything like fruit or chocolate, you are better leaving that until serving or at least the next day so that the cheesecake is totally set.
7. Remove from the fridge about twenty minutes before serving. This cheesecake will last up to 5 days in a fridge. Make sure that you cover it fully before leaving it in the fridge when it’s finished.
If you need any help with this recipe then feel free to leave me a comment and ask me anything. If you make a cheesecake you can tag me on my social media and let me know how it turned out! I would love to see your creations! Because the cheese alternative is coconut based, you should try and pair your flavourings with the coconut for a tasty combination.
I did Vanilla and Dark Chocolate shavings in mine. I would be tempted to do either Lemon or Mango.
✩ Sabrina ✩