This month saw me get my first ever blogging award, The Liebster Award and I’m very excited to bring you this very personal post of mine.
I was nominated by fellow blogger Natalie Swan-Williams, her wonderful blog is called Island Beauty Junkie. You can visit her blog once you’ve finished reading my post (links at the end) of course!
About The Liebster Award
An Award that is purely online, given to bloggers by other bloggers! This awards name has German origins – the word “Liebster” actually has several definitions, the most popular are: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome, sweetheart and (can you believe it) boyfriend.
It was created so that bloggers could discover and recognise other blogs and support them, I really like the way it has a pay it forward aspect and has allowed me to open up to the community that I write for. I hope that you’ll enjoy learning about me and then looking at the blogs that I have nominated as I pass on this award.
- Post 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions your nominator has asked you
- Nominate 11 other bloggers
- Ask them 11 other questions
- Let them know that you’ve nominated them
Don’t forget to add the links for the blogger who nominated you and the bloggers you are nominating at the end of the post!
✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩
11 (Interesting) Facts About Me
1. My first name is Sabrina (if you haven’t read my About Me section) then you might be interested to know that my parents named me after the River Severn, the Romans named it Sabrina after a Princess called Sabrina.
2. I have Hazel Eyes and Auburn Brown Naturally Curly Hair, and I had to wear braces for almost eight years during my high school days.
3. I graduated from University in 2010 in Photography, though it is not my main profession I really wish it was, I have never given up on my dream, I hope to keep going with my blog, the writing and photography combined, I just love it.
4. I love Cats, I grew up with one and she sadly passed away at aged 19, she was more like a sister than a pet, she was always there when I needed a cuddle after a bad day. I have also had 3 rescue cats since her, one who passed away not long ago and I am still heartbroken about him. My other two dear little girls who are still with me (and I hope for a very long time) are my shining lights and make going home after a long day all the more worthwhile. I couldn’t imagine life without them in it, they really are my little fur babies.
5. I have had 10 piercings and 10 tattoos in my life so far. All of my tattoos have meanings or are about remembrance. My favourite piercing is my navel and my favourite tattoo is my cherry blossom branch.
6. When I was younger (and fitter) I rode horses, swam and cycled regularly, the only exercise I manage to do since my diagnosis though is walking every day. I also hike with the very occasional swim.
7. I’m very lucky to have traveled to many countries. So far I have been to 18 different countries, and my goal is to get to 30 by the time I’m 50 years old.
8. My two wardrobes are colour coordinated. One is also in order of store alphabetically. I don’t see myself as suffering from OCD, but I do have aspects of it that I use in my daily life, it doesn’t bother me and I love being organised.
9. I love food! Italian and Indian are my favourites and I’m a keen cook, I love to experiment. My hobbies include cooking and baking on a regular basis.
10. When I was at School I studied three languages as well as English of course, these were Welsh, Spanish and French, and I can still speak all of these on a basic level, although the older I get the rustier I get, ha ha. I would love to learn more in my life.
11. I am an Endometriosis sufferer and I hope that one day soon I will be brave enough to tell my story so that others may benefit from my experiences.
✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩
Questions I Was Asked and My Answers
11. When I was young you had to prise books from my hands, I was always reading and I think it’s a shame the new generation won’t have the same appreciation for books like I did. If I had to pick one book in particular that perhaps changed my life when I read it, I think it would be Harry Potter. It inspired me to write and follow my imagination. Thanks JK!
My 11 Questions For The Nominees
4. What are your favourite foods?
9. What was your Favourite Subject at School?
10. If you could have lived in any era and gone to dinner with any icon, when and who would it be?
11. What would be your perfect weekend?
My Nominees Are;
1. Danielle Alexandria with her Lady Loves blog
2. Paige Weatherall with her Paige Margaret blog
3. Roxsanne Slatford with her Beauty Bag Secrets blog
4. Sarah Oswald with her So Beauty Stuff blog
5. Rachel Blackmore with her personal Rachel Blackmore blog
6. Tanya Leahy with Tanya Leahy Makeup blog
7. Ro N Rae with her personal blog Ms Queen Ro blog
8. Audrey Marie Knizek with her With Love blog
9. Siobhan Macdonald with her blog Forever Siobhan blog
10. Sarah Bennett with her blog Pale Princess Makeup & Beauty blog
11. Carolyn Cohen with her blog Party Polished blog
Please join me in supporting all of these unique and wonderful bloggers!
✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩
Thank you to all of my nominees for taking the time to read my Liebster Award blog post, and I hope you will enjoy answering my questions! I look forward to reading the answers.
I was Nominated by Island Beauty Junkie
Thank you very much for joining me for this special post today, I hope you will enjoy the blogs that I have nominated and that you will come back to Severn Wishes for all of my new posts in the future.
✩ Sabrina ✩